What is a psychic vampire?
Psychic vampires, also known as energy vampires, are emotionally immature individuals who drain energy from those around them. These people feed off the life force (also known as prana) of another person, hence the term psychic vampire.
How to recognise one
Psychic vampires are usually highly self-interested and lack empathy. They generally have a grandiose and/or an over inflated opinion of themselves. The relationships they form are largely unauthentic and self serving. These individuals lack imagination and have no creativity or originality of their own, preferring to absorb it from other people. Psychic vampires lack integrity and will stop at nothing to feed their ego.
Effects or symptoms
Effects or symptoms
If you have encountered a psychic vampire, there can be physical and emotional side effects particularly if you are sensitive and don’t know how to protect yourself adequately. Some of these include low mood, depleted energy levels, anxiety and feeling under attack.
It’s important to realise that psychic vampires are largely unaware of their actions as they are spiritually unevolved. Even if they are targeting you in some way, their behaviour is largely subconscious. Some of the reasons why someone may attack you psychically are jealousy, envious of your life and lifestyle, living in their dark side, lack of conviction, lack of integrity and fear.
Nevertheless, it can be exhausting dealing with these people. Thankfully, there are strategies to help you deal with the problem.
Self Protection Strategies
One of the most important remedies to this problem is to recognise what is happening so you can immediately remove yourself away from the negativity. Some other useful techniques are:
- Meditation. By stilling the mind, you are able to see the situation clearly. This will also open your heart chakra and awaken your compassion. Once you see these people in true light you can begin to understand and perhaps even forgive their motivations.
- Set clear boundaries. It goes without saying that if someone is attacking you psychically, the best thing to do is let them know you don’t want to be around them and/or you need space.
- Walk away. There is no value in being around a psychic vampire. Recognise this and walk away. Remember, they have no integrity or empathy. That is their journey and lesson to learn. Your lesson is to remove yourself from their negativity.
- White light protection. If you must be around these kinds of people, always white light protect yourself by surrounding yourself in an energy shield of white light.
Psychic attack is less about you than it is about the weakness of the person inflicting it. If you think that you may be someone who is displaying signs and symptoms of being a psychic vampire, the following suggestions may be useful to contemplate:
- Examine why you feel so insecure. What is it that you fear?
- Examine your true motivations. Are you driven mostly by power, greed and money? If so, think of ways in which you can enrich your spiritual side.
- Examine why you feel the need to target another person. Jealousy is often a symptom of what we really want for ourselves. Think of ways in which you can achieve the same but on your own terms.
- Enrol in a course that develops your inner eye so your originality can flourish.
- Living another person’s life that is not uniquely yours is ultimately unsatisfying. Learn to accept and love yourself for who you are.
- Meditate. Through meditation you can become self aware of your actions and how it impacts on others and ultimately yourself.