Saturday, October 1, 2011
Clients often ask me about crystals and which are best for overall well being. I believe the ideal way to choose crystals is intuitively and for a specific purpose. However, if you want a crystal that covers a wide range of uses, I would suggest Amethyst.
Amethyst comes from the Greek word, amethusos, meaning 'not drunk'. It is a highly spiritual stone that has been used for thousands of years for protection, healing and psychic empowerment. Its violet colour relates to the crown chakra and pineal gland (third eye) and radiates energy which has often been referred to as the purple ray.
The uses and qualities of Amethyst are varied and include:
- Calms the emotions and reduces stress
- Fosters healing and selflessness
- Increases spiritual awareness
- Enhances psychic abilities and transformation
- Helps lift depression
- Aids in overcoming substance abuse, especially alcohol addiction
- Is a powerful amulet for travelers
- Worn as psychic protection
- It is kept with other divination tools to enhance their qualities
- Used to induce harmony.
Some of the healing properties associated with Amethyst include:
- Eases headaches and releases tension
- Reduces bruising, swellings and injuries
- Heals diseases of the lungs and respiratory tract
- Used to treat skin conditions.
Overall, Amethyst is an excellent stone as it repels negative energy and helps us connect to our spiritual nature. For more information about crystals, refer to my earlier post on crystal therapy.